Monday, March 26, 2012

Where are they now? Pt 2


Our next “Where are they now” …I enjoyed this story. I always watch KWWL, but not generally on the weekends. I am going to watch it now just to see Danielle Wagner.


I lived in Strawberry Point and attended Starmont from kindergarten through sixth grade. I remember playing softball, being on the swim team and sledding at the school hill. The summer between sixth and seventh grades my family moved to Oelwein to be closer to my mom's job at the hospital. Many people in town know my mom, Melinda (Seedorff) Wagner. She grew up in Strawberry Point and graduated from Starmont. Her dad founded SMI. My grandma, Darlene Brady, was also from Strawberry Point. My aunt, Lisa Seedorff, still lives in town.

 Now, I'm an anchor/reporter at KWWL Television based in Waterloo. I started at the station in December of 2006. Before then, I was a reporter at KTVO in Ottumwa. I was only there for a little more than a year before getting a call from KWWL asking me to interview for an open reporter position. I started at KWWL as a general assignment reporter (covering the news of the day), and I was promoted to weekend morning anchor in October 2007.

 I still anchor the news from 8 to 9 a.m. each Saturday and Sunday. I started our weekend pet segment, a monthly sweet tooth segment and monthly segments with a Hy-Vee dietitian. Besides weekends, I also report during the week doing feature stories for my "Someone You Should Know" segment. Those stories air each Sunday and Monday during the KWWL news at 10 p.m.

 I'm very passionate about animals. I live in Waterloo with my dog, Cubbie. When I'm not working, I enjoy taking Cubs on walks and reading and watching sports (mostly football). I've organized several fundraisers for the Cedar Bend Humane Society in Waterloo. For several years I've organized a "Dog Day" at the ballpark with the Waterloo Bucks.

 I graduated from Oelwein High School in 2001 and from the University of Iowa in 2005 with a degree in journalism and history. I'm an Iowa girl through and through. I've never lived in another state, and I don't have plans to leave.

 My parents (Dave and Melinda Wagner) live in Oelwein. Mom still works at the hospital, and Dad is retired. People might also remember my younger brothers. Derek is 26 and works for Alliant Energy in Cedar Rapids. Devin is 22 and graduates from the University of Iowa in May 2012. He already has a job as an engineer at a company in Cedar Rapids.

No comments:

Post a Comment