Monday, March 19, 2012

Where are they now?

Ever wonder what the students of Starmont High are doing now that they have graduated? We thought it would be neat if we featured some Starmont graduates, and let you know what they are doing after graduation. Shon Cook is our first...




Greetings from the shores of Lake Michigan.  I am a 1987 graduate of Starmont High school, who has relocated to Whitehall, Michigan. I miss Iowa a great deal, with the exception of the humidity and wind chills.  My best memory of high school was the last month of school each spring, when softball geared up.  I also ran cross country, and despite being incredibly slow, I developed a family of other self-abusers.  I continue to run long distance to this day, even with a few marathons thrown in.  I attended Wartburg College after high school and I am still very active on their Board of Regents and Alumni Board – go Orange.  I attended Creighton Law School and met my husband, which led me to the great state of Michigan. I currently practice family law, coach my kids’ sports and serve on various boards and committees. I have three children.  My oldest is 14 and plays every sport she can find.  Her least favorite is softball – go figure.  My middle daughter is a soccer wonder and is on several travel teams.  My son is the youngest and he is currently into anything that he can hunt, trap or fish.  He also loves soccer.   I spend much of my time explaining to Michiganders how Iowans are different from everyone else – they are friendlier, more open, and much more caring about their neighbors.  That is what I miss most about Strawberry and Iowa – the people.








No comments:

Post a Comment